Safe Driving Tips for the Holiday Season
For many people, holidays involve traveling to celebrate with family or friends. Though this is a joyous time of year, it can also become dangerous. When traveling, it is important to make sure you are always keeping safety in mind when on the road.
Keep spirits high and everybody safe with these winter holiday driving safety tips.
- Have your car serviced to ensure everything is working correctly.
- Be alert for distracted pedestrians and small children, especially when you are in busy shopping center parking lots.
- Check the upcoming weather and plan driving around it.
- Do not use your phone while you are driving.
- Make sure that every passenger in your car wears a seat belt and that all small children are properly restrained in a car seat or booster seat.
- Don’t drink and drive. Try using a ride share service or determine a designated driver.
- Make sure to get plenty of rest before a long trip.
- Have a safety kit in your car in case of inclement weather or an unexpected event.
- Check your tires in case bad weather hits.
- Keep a full tank of gas in the event you hit heavy traffic.
Cut back on the stress of driving this holiday season. Take time to plan, prepare, and execute a plan for any travel you will be doing ahead of time. In the event that your holiday travel plans do not go according to plan, Potter Burnett Law is here to help.