Potter Burnett Law is one of the most trusted law firms in Maryland because of our attorneys and their reputations for excellence and compassion. But we have to be truthful and say that so much of what our attorneys can accomplish for our clients owe big thanks to our support staff. That’s why we want to give you the opportunity today to learn more about one of our support staff members, law clerk Alicen Jobes, as presented in an FAQ format.
FAQ About Law Clerk Alicen Jobes
- Where are you from? I am from Havre de Grace, Maryland.
- What is your education history? I received a Bachelor of Science in Nursing from Towson University in 2015 before attending the University of Maryland Francis King Carey School of Law. I graduated in May 2021, with my bar results pending.
- Why did you decide to go to law school? As a nurse, I became interested in the larger issues surrounding my patients’ healthcare and felt that I could help them in more ways than just at the bedside.
- Why were you drawn to a career with Potter Burnett Law? Potter Burnett has a phenomenal record of providing top-notch services to victims of medical malpractice, so I knew starting my legal career with them would provide me with the experience I needed to help people like my former patients.
- Can you describe a typical day on the job? I work closely with Attorney Andrew Burnett, reviewing medical records to identify patient care issues, and I speak regularly with new clients to help them understand their case and provide them with the next step.
- What is the most rewarding part of your job so far? I love getting the experience to work directly with people again. As a nurse, I was often on the frontlines with my patients, helping them heal and move forward with their life. Now, I feel as if I am doing the same thing with our clients, just in a different way. Potter Burnett has really created an environment that focuses on clients’ needs, and I am proud to be on their team.
- Are you involved in any clubs, organizations, or projects outside of work? I am a part of the American Bar Association and the Anne Arundel Bar Association. I am also a member of the Maryland Medical Reserves Corps, which is an organization of medical and public health volunteers for the state of Maryland.
- What do you enjoy doing in your free time? I love getting out and hiking with my dogs or doing anything outdoors. I will also go on the occasional fishing trip with my partner, but only if he promises to unhook the fish!
To learn more about Alicen Jobes or anyone else on our team, please feel free to call (301) 804-6784 at any time. You can also use an online contact form if you have an injury claim in Maryland that needs professional assistance.