Potter Burnett Law is one of the most trusted law firms in Maryland because of our attorneys and their reputations for excellence and compassion. But we have to be truthful and say that so much of what our attorneys can accomplish for our clients owe big thanks to our support staff. That’s why we want to give you the opportunity today to learn more about one of our support staff members, law clerk Natalie Gibson, as presented in an FAQ format.
FAQ About Law Clerk Natalie Gibson
- Where are you from? Annapolis, Maryland
- What is your education history? I went to a tiny school in Pennsylvania for undergraduate called Juniata College. After receiving a BS in Mathematics in 2019, I started law school at University of Maryland Francis King Carey School of Law in 2020. I just finished my 2L year!
- Why did you decide to go to law school? I joined my undergraduate’s inaugural mock trial team my senior year of college and absolutely loved it. Our coach was very influential for me, and he encouraged me to consider law for my future - I listened!
- Why were you drawn to a career with Potter Burnett Law? As someone interested in litigation, Potter Burnett offers an awesome opportunity to learn from experienced, talented litigators. I also think a smaller firm like this gets you more versatile experience and a chance to really connect and network within the office. I’m very excited to be here.
- Can you describe a typical day on the job? I come in and check the calendar to see if I want to shadow the attorneys during any of their tasks for the day. If I’m not shadowing them, then I begin to work on whatever project I’ve been assigned – so far this has included reading depositions and summarizing them, drafting complaints, and conducting research.
- What is the most rewarding part of your job so far? It has been very rewarding getting to know everybody in the office. Everybody has been extremely welcoming and helpful to me. It has also been rewarding to learn from the attorneys and work with them to improve my skills and work products.
- Are you involved in any clubs, organizations, or projects outside of work? I am very involved with the law school. I have recently become a member of the National Trial Team, I am vice president of the Alternative Dispute Resolution Team, I am an Honor Board representative for the Student Bar Association, and next year I will be a peer advisor.
- What do you enjoy doing in your free time? I love to spend time outside, play lawn games (especially badminton), go kayaking, and hang out with my geriatric dog, Tilly.
To learn more about our team, please feel free to call (301) 804-6784 at any time. You can also use an online contact form if you have an injury claim in Maryland that needs professional assistance.