We are a growing law firm in need of a reliable and proactive Paralegal. The Paralegal will work directly with our attorneys to prepare for upcoming cases, get involved in fact-finding and investigation projects, and be responsible for maintaining an index system for firm case files. Our caseload is steady and growing and the ideal candidate for this position is organized, professional, responsible, and committed to customer service and meeting all of our clients’ needs.
Examples of Paralegal Responsibilities:
- Work with attorneys to develop legal arguments, documents and pleadings, motions and other case filings
- Request, review and organize medical bills and records
- Work with attorneys for trial preparation including lining up witnesses, preparing jury instructions, voir dire, exhibits and verdict sheets
- Respond to discovery, prepare correspondence, and e-file pleadings
- Prepare cases for final disbursal
- Maintain case index system through My Case software for all ongoing and completed cases
- Utilize existing files and a variety of other research resources to develop information for pending cases
- Paralegal Certificate or extensive experience preferred
- Excellent communication and organization abilities
- Experience using legal database software and tasking system
- An understanding of PIP and Med Pay is a plus.
Applicants without relevant experience will not be considered. Pay and benefits will be commensurate with experience and are competitive.
Job Type: Full-time
- Paralegal: 3 years (Required)
- Litigation: 3 years (Required)
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Paralegal certification (Preferred)
Send resume to: email@example.com
All inquiries will be held in strict confidence.