At Potter Burnett Law we take personal injury to heart—so when clients are injured or suffer a loss due to a car crash, medical mistake, neglect, or personal injury—our pride will be there with the legal experience, leadership, and a proven track record to help provide what has been lost.
Our philosophy is simple – People over power! We pride ourselves on representing the people of our community and building strong relationships with the people we work with.
To ensure this proven track record, we encourage our staff to have a healthy balance of personal life and work We also encourage self-improvement, recreational pursuits, and spending quality time with family and friends to endorse a relaxed environment and overall positive experience within the practice of law. Potter Burnett works hard
Current Employment Positions Available:
Personal Injury Paralegal/Legal Assistant
A full-time opportunity is available for a highly motivated, hard-working Personal Injury Paralegal/Legal Assistant to join the team at Potter Burnett Law.
Applicant must have experience with medical record requests, review, and organization. Paralegal must also have experience with litigation, including drafting pleadings, discovery, e-filing, scheduling depositions, trial preparation, and preparation of final client disbursements. An understanding of PIP and Med Pay is required as well.
Examples of Paralegal Responsibilities:
- Work with attorneys to develop legal arguments, documents and pleadings, motions, and other case filings
- Request, review and organize medical bills and records
- Work with attorneys for trial preparation including lining up witnesses, preparing jury instructions, voir dire, exhibits, and verdict sheets
- Respond to discovery, prepare correspondence, and e-file pleadings
- Prepare cases for final disbursal, including reviewing liens and verifying balances
- Maintain case index system through My Case software for all ongoing and completed cases
- Utilize existing files and a variety of other research resources to develop information for pending cases
- Paralegal Certificate or extensive experience preferred
- Excellent communication and organization abilities
- Experience using legal database software and tasking system
Applicants without relevant experience will not be considered. Pay and benefits will be commensurate with experience and are competitive.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) Matching
- Dental Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Retirement Plan
- Vision Insurance
- Monday to Friday
- Everyone wears masks. All workstations are socially distant. Frequent sanitizing.
Interested applicants should submit a resume, cover letter, and list of references.
Please submit your applications to Careers@PotterBurnettLaw.com.
Potter Burnett Law is continually seeking professional staff and attorneys capable of contributing to our established practice groups, complement and strengthen our culture, or offer the firm a new perspective. Please submit your applications to Careers@PotterBurnettLaw.com.