Has your loved one been a victim of Nursing Home Abuse / Neglect?
Contact Potter Burnett Law today for a complimentary case evaluation.
Potter Burnett offers legal representation for victims of nursing home abuse, neglect, and injury in: Prince Georges County, Charles County, Anne Arundel County, and the Maryland/DC/Metro area.
What is nursing home abuse?
It is an unfortunate reality that many senior citizens not only endure physical abuse, but also inadequate medical care and neglect, emotional abuse, sexual abuse, and financial exploitation while in the care of certain extended-care facilities and nursing homes. Millions of seniors experience some form of elderly abuse, neglect, and injury annually. Studies suggest that elders who are well cared for live longer than those that have been abused, neglected, or injured.
Signs of nursing home or assisted living facility abuse, neglect, or injuries may include:
- Physical abuse or Injuries
- Emotional abuse and distress
- Sexual abuse
- Financial abuse
- Falls and Fractures
- Overdue bills that were thought to be paid
- Unexplained broken bones, cuts, and bruises
- Severe emotional distress
- Bedsores or pressure sores
- Missing money or property
- Fear of the caregiver
- Unexplained transactions or withdrawals
- Hygiene issues and unexplained odors
- Excessive weight loss
- Malnutrition & Dehydration