Potter Burnett Law is one of the most trusted law firms in Maryland because of our attorneys and their reputations for excellence and compassion. But we have to be truthful and say that so much of what our attorneys can accomplish for our clients owe big thanks to our support staff. That’s why we want to give you the opportunity today to learn more about one of our support staff members, law clerk Dominic Klemm, as presented in an FAQ format.
FAQ About Law Clerk Dominic Klemm
- Where are you from? Halethorpe (Baltimore County), Maryland
- What is your education history? I received a Bachelor of Science in Political Science from Towson University in 2021. I am currently attending the University of Baltimore School of Law with plans to graduate in May 2025.
- Why did you decide to go to law school? I have always wanted to help people and I have always been extremely interested in the law. Going to law school gives me an opportunity to learn more about the law while also giving me the opportunity to use that knowledge to help people. It really is the best of both worlds!
- Why were you drawn to a career with Potter Burnett Law? Not only is Potter Burnett a phenomenal firm with a long and successful history of giving victims and their families the compensation they deserve, but they also really care about their clients. The legal system is a confusing place, which is why people need lawyers that will be there for them every step of the way. This firm really understands that and wants to be there for their clients and get them what they deserve. You are never “just another case” here.
- Can you describe a typical day on the job? I work directly with the attorneys at the firm. I assist them in filing lawsuits, researching different issues, reviewing medical records, and I shadow them in client meetings, depositions, and trials. Every day offers a new learning experience!
- What is the most rewarding part of your job so far? I love seeing how happy the clients are at the end of a trial/lawsuit. This job has really shown me how long and strenuous the legal process can be, but when I see the client at the end, they always have a smile on their face and seem overjoyed that they can put everything behind them and move forward. That feeling of closure that the client gets is definitely the most rewarding part of the job for me.
- Are you involved in any clubs, organizations, or projects outside of work? Outside of the office, I am a swim coach for the SPRC Stingrays (club team) and the Andover Tigers (summer team).
- What do you enjoy doing in your free time? I love all things sports/exercise, so I enjoy watching whatever professional (or college) sport is on TV, going to the gym, or just playing pickup basketball. I also enjoy spending time with my dogs (Cannoli and Maple) and my family and friends.
To learn more about our team, please feel free to call (301) 804-6784 at any time. You can also use an online contact form if you have an injury claim in Maryland that needs professional assistance.