Bowie Car Accident Lawyer
Seek Compensation After a Car Accident in Bowie
After you've been in a car accident in Bowie, you may be left with serious injuries and mounting medical bills. If another driver is at fault for causing the crash, you may be able to recover compensation for your damages. At Potter Burnett Law, we know how to build strong cases for our clients. Our Bowie car accident lawyer can help you understand your rights and fight for the compensation you deserve.
What to Do After a Car Accident in Bowie
After a car accident in Bowie, you should always call the police to file a report. You also need to contact your insurance company and submit an accident report. It's also extremely important you see a doctor and get a medical evaluation to document your injuries.
The other insurance company will likely contact you to discuss a settlement. If the other driver's insurance company agree to pay for your damages, you may not need to hire a lawyer. However, you should always consult a personal injury lawyer if you have any questions or concerns.
Recovering Damages in a Car Accident Lawsuit
If the other driver's insurance company do not agree to pay for your damages, you may need to file a personal injury lawsuit. In Maryland, you must file a personal injury lawsuit within two years of the date of the car accident.
- Medical Expenses: Car accidents often lead to injuries that need medical attention and ongoing treatment. Recoverable damages may encompass medical bills, prescription costs, hospital stays, surgeries, physical therapy, and even rehabilitation services. A skilled car accident lawyer can ensure that you are compensated adequately.
- Property Damage: In a car accident, vehicles damage can range from minor dents to the vehicle being totaled. A car accident lawyer can help you recover the costs of repairing or replacing your vehicle, as well as any personal property that was damaged during the accident, such as electronics, personal items, and other belongings.
- Lost Wages and Income: If your injuries prevent you from returning to work or result in missed working hours, you may be entitled to recover lost wages and income.
- Pain and Suffering: Physical injuries are often accompanied by emotional distress and pain, which can have a massive impact on your overall well-being. While these damages are less tangible, a car accident lawyer can work with medical professionals and therapists to quantify the emotional and psychological toll of the accident.
- Wrongful Death Damages: Tragically, some car accidents result in fatalities. The family of the deceased can pursue wrongful death claims to recover damages for funeral expenses, loss of financial support, loss of companionship, and other related losses.
Contact a Bowie Car Accident Lawyer Today
If you have been in a car accident in Bowie, Potter Burnett Law can help. Our Bowie car accident attorney can review the details of your case and help you recover the maximum compensation you are owed. We can also help you navigate the insurance claims process and work to negotiate a fair settlement. If negotiations fail, we can take your case to court and help you win the maximum compensation you deserve.