Careers at Potter Burnett
Current Employment Positions Available:
Personal Injury Litigation Associate and/or Medical Malpractice Litigation Associate
Full -time opportunities are currently available for highly motivated, hard-working Personal Injury Litigation Associate and/or Medical Malpractice Litigation Associate to join the team at Potter Burnett Law.
Qualified applicants must have the following:
- J.D. from accredited law school
- License to practice law in Maryland and good standing with Maryland Bar
- Three to five years of experience in prosecuting or defending personal injury or medical malpractice practice cases
- For medical malpractice position – 3-5 years of taking and defending standard of care depositions
- Taking and defending depositions of witnesses and experts
- Jury trial experience as at least second chair
- Strong writing, analytical, and interpersonal skills
What qualifications are a bonus?
- First chair litigation experience
- License to practice law in the District of Columbia or eligibility to waive into the District of Columbia
Applicants with more than 5 years of experience with portable business will also be considered.
Potter Burnett Law offers a generous benefits package, a competitive salary based upon experience, and the opportunity to build a successful legal career.
Job Type: Full-time
Interested applicants should submit a resume with cover letter, writing sample and list of references.
Potter Burnett Law is continually seeking professional staff and attorneys capable of contributing to our established practice groups, complement and strengthen our culture, or offer the firm a new perspective. Please submit your applications to Careers@PotterBurnettLaw.com.
Personal injury attorneys serving: Calvert County, Charles County, Prince Georges County, Anne Arundel County, and the Maryland/DC/Metro area.
Potter Burnett Law is proudly led by acclaimed personal injury attorneys Deborah L. Potter, Suzanne V. Burnett, Christopher Salsman, and Andrew T. Burnett. Our legal team of established trial attorneys understands the importance of standing by your side and confidently represents injured individuals throughout the state of Maryland and Washington, DC.