Careers at Potter Burnett
At Potter Burnett Law we take personal injury to heart—so when clients are injured or suffer a loss due to a car crash, medical mistake, neglect, or personal injury—our pride will be there with the legal experience, leadership, and a proven track record to help provide what has been lost.
Our philosophy is simple – People over power! We pride ourselves on representing the people of our community and building strong relationships with the people we work with.
To ensure this proven track record, we encourage our staff to have a healthy balance of personal life and work We also encourage self-improvement, recreational pursuits, and spending quality time with family and friends to endorse a relaxed environment and overall positive experience within the practice of law. Potter Burnett works hard to promote a culture of caring and compassion that demonstrates pride in what they do and where they work.
Current Employment Positions Available:
Full-time opportunities are currently available for highly motivated, hard-working Litigation Paralegal to join the team at Potter Burnett Law.
Qualified applicants must have the following:
- Experience in Plaintiff personal injury cases
- Experience with medical record requests, review, and organization
- Experience with litigation, including drafting pleadings, discovery, e-filing and trial preparation
- An understanding of PIP and Med Pay is required as well
Examples of Paralegal Responsibilities:
- Work with attorneys to develop documents and pleadings, motions, and other case filings
- Request, review and organize medical bills and records
- Work with attorneys for trial preparation including lining up witnesses, preparing jury instructions, voir dire, exhibits and verdict sheets
- Respond to discovery, prepare correspondence, and e-file pleadings
- Prepare cases for final disbursal
- Maintain case index system through My Case software for all ongoing and completed cases
- Utilize existing files and a variety of other research resources to develop information for pending cases
- Paralegal Certificate or extensive experience preferred
- Excellent communication and organization abilities
- Experience using legal database software and tasking system
Applicants without relevant experience will not be considered. Pay and benefits will be commensurate with experience and are competitive.
Job Type: Full-time
Interested applicants should submit a resume with cover letter, writing sample, and list of references.
Please submit your applications to Careers@PotterBurnettLaw.com.
Potter Burnett Law is continually seeking professional staff and attorneys capable of contributing to our established practice groups, complement and strengthen our culture, or offer the firm a new perspective. Please submit your applications to Careers@PotterBurnettLaw.com.