Careers at Potter Burnett
At Potter Burnett Law we take personal injury to heart—so when clients are injured or suffer a loss due to a car crash, medical mistake, neglect, or personal injury—our pride will be there with the legal experience, leadership, and a proven track record to help provide what has been lost.
Our philosophy is simple – People over power! We pride ourselves on representing the people of our community and building strong relationships with the people we work with.
To ensure this proven track record, we encourage our staff to have a healthy balance of personal life and work We also encourage self-improvement, recreational pursuits, and spending quality time with family and friends to endorse a relaxed environment and overall positive experience within the practice of law. Potter Burnett works hard to promote a culture of caring and compassion that demonstrates pride in what they do and where they work.
Current Employment Positions Available:
A full-time opportunity is currently available for a highly motivated, hard-working Personal Injury Litigation Associate and/or Medical Malpractice Litigation Associate to join the team at Potter Burnett Law.
Qualified applicants must have the following:
- J.D. from accredited law school
- License to practice law in Maryland and good standing with Maryland Bar
- Experience in prosecuting or defending personal injury or medical malpractice practice cases
- Taking and defending depositions of witnesses and experts
- Jury trial experience as at least second chair
- Strong writing, analytical, and interpersonal skills
What qualifications are a bonus?
- First chair litigation experience
- License to practice law in the District of Columbia or eligibility to waive into the District of Columbia
- Experience taking and defending standard of care depositions in medical malpractice cases
Potter Burnett Law offers a generous benefits package, a competitive salary based upon experience, and the opportunity to build a successful legal career.
Job Type: Full-time
Interested applicants should submit a resume with cover letter, writing sample, and list of references.
Please submit your applications to Careers@PotterBurnettLaw.com.
Potter Burnett Law is continually seeking professional staff and attorneys capable of contributing to our established practice groups, complement and strengthen our culture, or offer the firm a new perspective. Please submit your applications to Careers@PotterBurnettLaw.com.