Car Accident Attorneys Serving Prince George's County, Anne Arundel County, Charles County, Baltimore, and in the Maryland, Washington, DC, Metro area.
More than six million car accidents happen each year in the United States, according to the NHTSA. On average, 90 people die each day from car crashes. Roughly 3 million people are injured each year in car crashes and more than half of those injured sustain permanent injuries with life-changing results.
No one expects to get in a crash, and at best the result is a significant inconvenience. Many times, being involved in a car accident causes injury and a serious disruption to one’s life. Car accidents can result in unexpected medical expenses, time off from work, and damage to your vehicle.
It can be difficult to manage the results of a car crash, especially when you are injured. That is why you should call Potter Burnett Law to talk to an experienced car accident lawyer soon after a car crash. Our pride of attorneys and team of dedicated professionals will help to make this difficult and unexpected time as easy for you and your loved ones as possible. Our goal is to allow our clients to focus on their recovery, while we handle everything else. We are here to explain your legal rights and to evaluate your claim to get you justice.
What to do after you are in a car crash:
- Take photos of the damage to the cars involved
- Exchange information with the other driver(s) involved, including obtaining their name, address, tag number, car make and model, and insurance information
- Contact the police and ask that a police report be prepared
- Take photos of any visible injuries
- Have any injuries examined by a medical professional
- Keep track of any time missed from work and request doctor’s notes and paystubs to support the lost wages
- Contact the attorneys at Potter Burnett Law for a free case evaluation
- Maryland Department of Transportation
- MDOT: Motor Vehicle Administration
- Maryland Insurance Administration
- Maryland Insurance Administration: File a Complaint
- Frequently Asked Questions: Car Accidents
- Crash Not Accident Pledge
- Distracted Driving Statistics & Facts 2021
If you believe you or a loved one was a victim in a vehicle collision, contact Potter Burnett Law today to discuss your case.